List of useful libraries for development.
1. HtmlCleaner: a good, simple and fast HTML parser for Java and Android.
is a Java library for working with real-world HTML. It provides a very convenient API for extracting and manipulating data, using the best of DOM, CSS, and jquery-like methods.
4. CGLib: is a powerful, high performance and quality Code Generation Library, It is used to extend JAVA classes and implements interfaces at runtime.
5. Apache Commons BeanUtils: The Java language provides Reflection and Introspection APIs (see the
java.beans packages in the JDK Javadocs). However, these APIs can be quite complex to understand and utilize. The BeanUtils component provides easy-to-use wrappers around these capabilities.
7. ASM: is an all purpose Java bytecode manipulation and analysis framework. It can be used to modify existing classes or dynamically generate classes, directly in binary form. Provided common transformations and analysis algorithms allow to easily assemble custom complex transformations and code analysis tools.
8. ViewPagerIndicator: Paging indicator widgets compatible with the ViewPager from the Android Support Library and ActionBarSherlock. Originally based on Patrik Åkerfeldt’s ViewFlow.
When using the ViewPager widget it is not always obvious to the user that there are adjacent views they can navigate to. By implementing this widget you provide a clear indicator that there exists additional content which they can click or swipe to see.
9. SnapDragon SDK forAndroid: Maximize the user experience for your Android application by optimizing its performance on Snapdragon™-powered devices. The majority of Android smartphones in the market are powered by Snapdragon chipsets, providing the largest installed-base for your best-in-class application.
10. HTC OpenSense SDK: The latest HTC OpenSense SDK enables deeper integration into the HTC Sense experience. Creating richer, more dynamic apps has never been easier. Over time, HTCdev will be supporting new features and additions to the SDK.
The HTC OpenSense SDK provides the HTC APIs from within the standard Android SDK platform. It consists of an Android SDK add-on that can be installed through the Android SDK manager.
11. Google HTTP Client for Java: Written by Google, this library is a flexible, efficient, and powerful Java client library for accessing any resource on the web via HTTP. It features a pluggable HTTP transport abstraction that allows any low-level library to be used, such as java.net.HttpURLConnection, Apache HTTP Client, or URL Fetch on Google App Engine. It also features efficient JSON and XML data models for parsing and serialization of HTTP response and request content. The JSON and XML libraries are also fully pluggable, including support for Jackson and Android’s GSON libraries for JSON.
12. Google APIs Client Library for Java: Written by Google, this library is an easy-to-use and efficient Java client library for accessing Google APIs using JSON and OAuth 2.0. It also supports older Google Data APIs based on XML. Works on these platforms that support the Java language
13. Google YouTube Data API: The YouTube Data API allows client applications to retrieve and update YouTube content in the form of Google Data API feeds. Your client application can use the YouTube Data API to fetch video feeds, comments, responses, and playlists, as well as query for videos that match particular criteria. You can also use the API to make authenticated requests to modify this information and to upload new video content to the site.
14. Android-Query (AQuery): is a light-weight library for doing asynchronous tasks and manipulating UI elements in Android. Our goal is to make Android coding simpler, easier, and more fun!
15. Android Amazing ListView: add new features to the fancy Android Listview widget, including section headers and pagination.
16. Android Swipe Image Viewer: a sample use of ViewPager as an image viewer.
17. List of Component for Android development, in AppBrain
20: Android-Binding: Activity in Android environment is too overload. It act as the communication between android core system, to application flow control and also dealing with visual system. This project aims to provide a framework to enable data-binding between view widgets to separate data model. Idea basically sits on Windows WPF binding model, and help separation of MVC or MVVM easier in android development.
21. Simple XML Serialization: Simple is a high performance XML serialization and configuration framework for Java. Its goal is to provide an XML framework that enables rapid development of XML configuration and communication systems. This framework aids the development of XML systems with minimal effort and reduced errors. It offers full object serialization and deserialization, maintaining each reference encountered. In essence it is similar to C# XML serialization for the Java platform, but offers additional features for interception and manipulation.
22. Google I/O App for Android (iosched)
23. android-coverflow: implementation of android coverflow widget
28. StandOut: library useful for creating floating application.
29. Sliding Menu:
32. Showcase View:
34. The Ultimate Android Library:
35. Android JHLabs Image Processing:
36. Android Universal Image Loader:
37. GreenDAO: Android ORM for SQLite
38. ePub library